Friday, August 17, 2012

Saving Money through RX by Mail Programs

We've been blessed medically so we weren't used to having to track or pay for regular prescriptions. When Jon and I decided we wanted to start a family, my doctor gave me a prescription for prenatal vitamins. I was paying $30.00 per month for the prenatal vitamins (with health insurance!) and hated to have to refill the prescription every month. It added to my errands, and wasn't exactly fun.

I knew that you could do prescriptions by mail, but didn't know how. I called the number on the back of my heath insurance card and asked how I could fill prescriptions via mail. They explained that they have their own mail order program. I just give them my prescription info, they transfer the prescription for me and I now have my prescription mailed to me every 90 days. I pay $30.00 (with flexible reimbursement so that money is actually tax free- more on that later) every 3 months now and save $240.00 per year! It automatically refills the prescription when I should be running out, so I don't even have to remember to order more!

If you have a regular prescription filled then consider this as a great source to save money and time. Just flip over your health insurance card, give the customer service line a call and see what they have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and discuss here. You can also share your own tips and ask questions of the author. Complaints and constructive criticism are welcomed. Derogatory and hateful comments will be deleted.